International Snow Sculpture Symposium – Submissions
INTERNATIONAL SNOW SCULPTURE SYMPOSIUM – SUBMISSIONS
Festival du Voyageur’s International Snow Sculpting Symposium gives sculptors from around the world the opportunity to express themselves in a spirit of mutual support and cooperation, through a short- lived art medium that has evolved over many generations. Each team is asked to create a piece of art out of a simple block of snow measuring 3m x 3.7m x 3.7m (10’ x 12’ x 12’), inspired by their experience at Festival du Voyageur or simply guided by their own imagination.
Submissions for snow sculpture projects will be accepted until October 20, 2017. Submissions can be made online using the below form or can be printed (see PDF document below) and mailed, faxed or sent by email.
• Team members’ experience in sculpture
• The originality and visual interest of the chosen subject
• Previous experience in ephemeral materials
• The physical and artistic qualities of the proposed sculpture
• A registration form filled and completed with all the pertinent information
• A precise drawing of the sculpture and a description of the concept. (Photos of a scale model will also serve the purpose)
• Photos of previous sculptures (snow or other medium) created by the members of the team
• A description of the experience of the team members
The registration form must be completed and sent to the Festival du Voyageur inc. office by October 20, 2017.
If teams are comprised of additional members, travel cost will have to be paid by the individuals.
Local transport between the airport, hotel and Voyageur Park will be provided and coordinated later upon arrival.
*The Symposium sponsors are subject to the renewal of their agreements and may change at any time without notice.
• Confirmation with participating teams deadline– October 27, 2017.
• Arrivals in Winnipeg – February 14, 2018.
• The International Snow Sculpting Symposium – February 14-19, 2018.
• Symposium banquet – February 18, 2018.
• Departures from Winnipeg – February 20, 2018.
• Festival du Voyageur – February 16-25, 2018.